Sunday, October 30, 2011

Corn,Corn,Corn....Did I mention Corn?

I have a dirty little confession to make….I failed my task this week.

As we all know, we were tasked with trying to go a day, or two, or possibly three is we tried without corn. Now problem one with this task for me is that I am a straight corn freak. While we all know corn is in basically everything, I am a sucker for those little golden nuggets on their own or with the cob. Now when it came time to eat things without corn, everything in my usual diet was out the window.

On the day that I tried to go cornless-last Wednesday, I actually was doing a good job-by starving. Yes I was hungry for most of the day but when I walked into my fridge, basically everything I had contained artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup. So as I wallowed away in my hunger, things did not help my cause as I saw commercials for various snack foods and diet sodas which of course contain various corn products and corn syrups. When it came time for dinner though, I was still on track to complete the tasks given to us. I went with some friends to TDR, grabbed some cornless ratatouille, free range chicken, and a salad. However as fate would have it, I instantly went for my favorite diet coke and thus before I knew it, I failed.

A key problem with having so much corn in our lives is not only is we face it on a daily basis but the fact we are conditioned to eat and drink these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment