Sunday, December 4, 2011

What Did We Learn in the Course Tonight Craig

I can’t believe the semester flew by as fast as it did and somehow we are already in December with finals looming over us. When I first walked into class I was really excited to get the course underway. Unlike some people who have posted, I had a large amount of experience from both classes and internships related to environmental policy and politics. However even with all of this knowledge under my belt, this class allowed me to debate these issues with other students from a wide perspective of backgrounds which is something I have never gotten the chance to really do.

The one issue that really struck me throughout the semester though was how much of a role consumption plays on environmental issues. While I might have though Eric Assodorian was an idiot- and kind of called him that to his face, he did raise good points about the role of consumption in society. Using this idea, raising awareness of just how much we use and eat has been lingering around in my mind for the past couple of weeks and actually inspired a part of my environmental art piece.

I also really liked the variety of readings we got to look over this semester. While some professors have had definite slants in their reading choices, I think that the reading choices were fair and balanced and show a large cornucopia of solutions all to the same problem. While some might push for a 1800’s world and other might push for the Jetsons, being able to read about both these extremes and everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment